It sometimes good to read books directed to women, particularly when it’s specially tailored advice for us on how to be ourselves, but become better. Below are some points of advice I picked up on Mrs. Moneypenny’s book, which I do recommend to read.
1. It is important to be to good with numbers;
2. Building a network is essential to ones career;
3. One needs to prioritise and find a balance between personal and professional obligations;
4. Degrees make you confident and more credible;
5. Be useful to others;
6. Keep in touch with people that can be your reference;
7. Have a Third Dimension, something that makes you stand out;
8. Hair matters;
9. Read FT, or at least carry it around with you;
10. It is never too late.
To find out more about the book, do read this article too.